Recent Forum Topics
- Could not open socket: [Errno 10065] A socket operation was attempted to an unre
- Thank you thank you THANK YOU!
- Canon EOS M5: connection refused
- Airnef error with Canon 1300D -MTP_OP_GetObjectInfo: Socket error, partial data
- Airnef works with the D500/SnapBridge!
- Cannot connect to a camera: OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
- Camera Command Failed: MTP_OP_GetObjectInfo, Error: MTP_RESP_InvalidObjectHandle
- Airnef connection problem
- "no version information"
- Experience with Realtime Download
Category Archives: Reviews
There are lots of legacy lens choices for the NEX in the 35mm to 50mm range, ranging in price from $70 up to $1400. What’s the best bang for your manual-focus NEX buck? I’ve compared the following lenses on my … Continue reading
I’ve seen a recurring question pop up on the dpreview forums: how much sharper is the IS version of the 70-200mm f/4 lens vs the non-IS version? The answer: On the 5D Mark II the difference isn’t noticeable in the … Continue reading
Many are aware of DxO’s sensor rankings and tests, particularly their dynamic range comparisons, but perhaps not everyone understands what exactly dynamic range is, how it affects your photographs, and what exposure techniques and post-processing steps are necessary to take … Continue reading
I’ve decided to break my D7000 vs 7D ambient exposure evaluation into separate articles/videos. First up is the age-old question, “Does the Nikon D7000 overexpose?” Well, age-old in terms of internet time anyway. There’s been lots of people complaining about … Continue reading
About 8 months ago I purchased a new Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM APO lens (that’s a mouthful). I bought it during the final heydays of Microsoft ‘s Bing Cash Back program, when they were giving away cash on … Continue reading
I’ve just posted my in-depth video review and comparison of the Live View implementation for the Nikon D7000 and Canon 7D. Canon 7D Live View Advantages Live Histogram Exposure Meter Exposure Simulation with no shutter/aperture limitations DOF Preview Better zoom … Continue reading